Sunday, September 1, 2013

Labor Day Weekend VCMP!

 
Hello and welcome to my blog.  It's an honor to be a hostess for one of the VCMP challenges.  I hope you have been enjoying being creative, and just maybe you have learned something new along the way.  Since I live in Fort Worth, Texas, I always look forward to Fall.  It comes a little later here then when I lived in Wisconsin and Minnesota.  So my challenge for you is to create a card with a Fall theme, but not a Thanksgiving card.  Use a leaf motif with fall colors - rusts, yellows, golds, red, dark greens, etc.  As you can see below, Sketch #64 is what I chose.  Your card can be an I Love You or I Miss You card, or even a Thinking About You or Thank You.  Can't wait to see what you create!  Have Fun!


My card is created with the Emboss Resist technique.  The leaves were embossed with Pewter embossing powder first onto Vanilla cardstock.  Then the colors are sponged in a random pattern.  The 3.5 x 4.75 panel was put on a Cajun Craze panel and then mounted on a Midnight Muse card.  All products are from Stampin' Up. 

Don't forget to link up your beautiful card with the inlinkz thingy
down below.  And keep on stamping!








15 comments:

  1. What a pretty sample card -- and a most timely challenge. Thanks for hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty sample! The emboss, resist technique is one I don't do often but it really is a stunning effect. Perfect for fall with the rich colors and the bit of shin that the embossing adds. Thanks for hosting a challenge on the VCMP this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful sample card Marilyn and such a great challenge...much rather be making Fall cards than Winter ones...I'm just not ready :-) Thanks for playing along at OWH.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful sample card Marilyn and such a great challenge...much rather be making Fall cards than Winter ones...I'm just not ready :-) Thanks for playing along at OWH.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Marilyn, your sample card is gorgeous! Thanks for hosting such a fun challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the inspiration which prompted me to look at all my papers and choose something with fall colors. I used OWH Sketch 23 for my card. Isn't the variety of results wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your card is absolutely gorgeous. I cannot wait to play along today!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your card is absolutely gorgeous. I cannot wait to play along today!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for this great challenge as it tossed me right into Autumn mode! I love the gorgeous background you created on your card - it's stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I too am SO ready for Fall! Thanks for a challenge that made just a little of my wish come true :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for the wonderFALL challenge; your card is so pretty as are all of the other participants' !

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your card is beautiful! I love the embossing! Thank you for hosting this challenge and I hope you had a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a lovely card! Great challenge too as autumn is my favorite time of year. Too bad spring doesn't immediately follow it though!

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  14. hank you so much for sharing this great blog.Very inspiring and helpful too.Hope you continue to share more of your ideas.I will definitely love to read.Labor Day TV Sales

    ReplyDelete