Saturday, July 5, 2014

4th of July VCMP!

Happy Birthday America!  And welcome stampers and supporters of Operation Write Home to my blog.  I hope you have been having a very creative weekend with lots of stamping fun!

My challenge for you is Travel.  Summer is the time to kick back, take a vacation, or just enjoy time in your own area of our wonderful country.  What is your favorite mode of transportation?  You don't have to go far to enjoy the journey.  Do you like to ride bikes with your kids?  How many love to hop on their Harley for a ride in the country?  I have quite a few friends who love to go on a cruise.  One of my favorite trips was across the northern plains on a train (in a sleeper car).  I always enjoy a road trip in the car, especially if it takes me to the mountains.  Right now I can only dream about it.


I have included two cards that show vintage modes of transportation.  They are from Stampin' Ups new set called Traveler.  I always seem to be short of masculine stamps, so these fit the bill perfectly.  As a matter of fact, I sent the train as a birthday card, and 3 more train cards for Father's Day.  My son told me I had developed "mad skills" in my card making.  We all like positive feedback, especially from our kids.







So go ahead and use your favorite stamp that shows a type of transportation - bicycles, motorcycles, skateboards, cars, boats, trains.  And the sentiment is your choice.  Just have FUN!  Post your creation using the InLinkz below. 









7 comments:

  1. Your challenge reminded me of this fabulous pack of travel paper that I have. Thanks! I love the 2 vintage images in your cards. You chose wonderful colorways for both of them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the stamps you used on both of your cars, not sure I have any stamps that show transportation. I may have to use just paper! Or maybe a die cut. Fun challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the woodgrain, panelling type technique on the first card!! Awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these cards! I have been looking at this stamp set but could not visualize them in cards I would like to make. Looks like I will buy Traveler next time I order. Thanks for the inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I goofed up on the challenge guidelines but I liked the finished result though. I missed the vehicle portion of the theme and just saw the "travel" part of it somehow :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for hosting such a fun challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your vintage cards. Great images. This challenge was a little easier for me since I just got the stamp. Thanks for hosting.

    ReplyDelete